Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Tips to Improve your Mental Health.....

Hi All,


Image result for managing stress

Shawn Mendes - the popular Canadian singer (aka The hottie ) famously bared to the world his struggle with anxiety in his chart topping song 'In my blood'.  

He stated in interviews that  'therapy' can take many forms and shouldn't be confined to seeing a therapist but could be as simple as doing things you like with people you love.

I imagine to some extent we all feel as if we're drowning, there it follows (arguably) that we all have some struggle mental health at some time in our lives, how long you remain in the depressed or anxious is based on your environment, your experiences and most importantly YOU...

As such, in my humble opinion it is worth your while to work on your mental health as if its those abs you're trying to carve out or the bigger butt you're going to the gym to produce 😏

  • Get plenty sleep - if you're in school like  I am, schedule a day when there's NO studying just relax and binge watch NETFLIX or whatever
  • Watch you diet - 'we are what we eat' is true, so be picky about what you put in your temple, do research as to the best nutrition for your stage of life. 
  • Manage stress - stress increases the hormone - cortisol and we know too much of anything is bad news.  After work, do something you like, it could be as simple as listening to your favorite album and singing to the top of your voice on the drive home....in my case that'll be any of Linkin's Park's albums.
What do you do to manage your stress levels? 





5 comments:

  1. To manage stress I actually have a collection of previous calypso winners and play then over and over on my journey home. Not only does it keep my mind free but it also keeps me awake on the roads. Mental health is an issue as 4 persons al friends have all suffered strokes with the past few years , so e being within the last mo th or so . I agree have fun be you. Life is not about work work work but also having that ideal balance. Good topic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, when I'm in the mood calypsonians of yesteryear are great...Lord Nelson is great :)

      Delete
  2. With all that happens in this cruel world it is important that we actually put effort into maintaing our mental health

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly a well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so engaged in this material that I couldn’t wait reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thanks. Mental Health

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the valuable info you supply in your articles.
    click here to know more about dental care

    ReplyDelete

2020....

Hi :) I haven't posted in a while, but i'm well-hope the same is true for each of you !!.  So many things has happened since the...