Thursday, June 20, 2019

One Pot Pasta Dinner...

Hi All,

So everyone that knows me, is aware of my love for one pot meals, quick clean up, quick prep time and quick eat time.  After all life is too short to spend hours in front of a stove right 😀.

Today I'll share with you a pasta dish prepared in one pot !!


Image result for spinach and pasta

Here's what you will need:

1 chopped onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
6 small tomatoes (halved)
1 1/2 cups chicken stock (unsalted)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
3 handfuls baby spinach
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 pack linguine pasta

Heat oil in medium/heavy pot
Saute onion and garlic (about 3 minutes)
Add tomatoes, stock, oregano (bring to a boil)
Add pasta and stir to submerge in liquid
Cover and reduce heat
When pasta is cooked, add spinach in batches
Once wilted, sprinkle with parmesan and serve.

I prefer to exclude salt but you can include if you desire.

Try it and let me know how it pans out






18 comments:

  1. Sounds easy enough I also like one pot meals. Will certainly try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks easy enough to do on mornings to pack for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing idea Belle, when can we expect more things like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious and easy to prepare.. I'll see if my wife will make it for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dex, i'll bet you wife will make it once a week for you, its so easy :)

      Delete
  5. A very versatile recipe you can probably switch to a pasta of your choice instead of using linguine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allana, yes any type of pasta will do and you can also add chicken if you like to make it a heartier meal.

      Delete
  6. Looking easy to prep belle it's not a heavy meal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good 1pot dish. I spend to many time cooking. Will try it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Niece,

    Love the blog selections as they show the importance of the body and mind being in harmony to make for happy living. Also, love the marrying of the Trini seasonings to bring out that down home Trini flavor profile. So proud of you. Keep up the good work. Know that it was indeed a pleasure to be apart of this journey with you.

    Love Aunty Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Aunty Susan !!! you found your way to my blog....thanks much. Yes it truly is important or all aspects to be in harmony.

      Delete
  9. Not my cup of tea. I think it's the spinach...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this. As a busy mom this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

2020....

Hi :) I haven't posted in a while, but i'm well-hope the same is true for each of you !!.  So many things has happened since the...